Monday, August 27, 2007

Returning from Break

Did you have a good summer?
Did you get away?
What did you do?

I had so many good intentions to accomplish so much.

Where did the summer go??

Posting to my blog was certainly near the top of the list.

But, that didn't exactly happen.

In fact, it has been quite some time since I last posted...May to be exact. Back in May, the demands of work, professional life, and family life exploded. Summer arrived with responsibilities for making presentations including my first stint at making a full-day presentation. More about that later. By the time life seemed to calm down, my head was so full new ideas and my RSS feeds were bursting at the seams. I made a commitment to myself to catch up on my feeds (over 1000) before I moved forward. Well, that commitment simply exacerbated my brain overload. I would read new feeds, discover new insights, draft new blog entries, and then move forward to the next feed. The cycle continued. At the same time I additionally discovered Twitter. The questions, postings, connections and network that make Twitter so powerful in the edublogger world had me hooked.
So, here I am on the first day of the new school year, just posting my first blog entry since May. While I have no blog posts to document my summer experiences, I did gain some interesting insights which should provide good fodder for additional posts.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. Thanks for your kind words about our World Village wiki. We're working hard. We found partners for the project in several ways.
    1. Connections our school's parents had to schools in other countries.
    2. Global Schoolhouse
    http://www.globalschoolnet.org/index.html
    3. Global Awareness
    http://globalawareness.com/index.asp
    4. The Global Education Ning, which you probably saw on Kim's page.

    Let me know if you have other questions! Good luck in Second Life I haven't found the time or had the inclination to go there...yet.

    ReplyDelete